Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What's up today?

Well last weekend, I spent several parts of a day to read David Baldacci's book "One Summer".

A book our daughter read and left for us to read.  It is very different from his usual "suspense" books.  This was a real tear jerk er.  A couple of times I had to stop reading because my eyes were too blurry (tears).
It has a great ending making all those tears worth it.


I've also been playing with my tee-shirt.  I'm now at the point where I need look at it, and have it tell me what's next. 




So while it sits, yesterday I painted a silk scarf.  Sunday I drew the design on the scarf with a water soluble pen, then used water soluble"gutta" to create my barriers.  Yesterday painted it, using my new paints... Tsukineko Inks.  They worked wonderful on the silk.  I can see more silk painting in my future.  Had tons of fun!

Design drawn with "gutta"
After painting

No comments:

Post a Comment