Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How Time Flies!

I can't believe my last post was the first week of October and NOW it is the last week of October!  I've got to do better at getting the updates on here sooner.

I've been really busy this month. I 've taken a day trip to Crozet, VA to attend their Fall Art and Craft Festival with some friends.  It was a beautiful fall day.  The art was fabulous.  The company superb!  On the way home we stopped at a "Gourmet" Grocery Store.  They had tons of pumpkins and winter squash outside.  Perfect for picture taking ops.







Again another day trip with friends to Ferrum, VA, the Blue Ridge Folk Life Festival.  Again the day was perfect.  Tons of people there.  We watched mule jumping and coon dog swimming races.  Had a yummy BBQ sandwich and soaked up the sun.

Blue Ridge Folk Life Festival Mule Jumping

Just a portion of people watching Mule Jumping

Corn shucking machine

Coon dog water races



I have continued to work on the round robin quilt.  I've got a little bit left in the 6th block to quilt, then it's on to the borders.


I assembled the last block on the MaKenna Ryan "Beach Walk" quilt.  Now I need to stitch the pieces down, sew the blocks together, then quilt and  bind it.   I plan to have it done by the time our Quilt Guild has our quilt show next year.  That's my plan anyway.

I also finished my second quilt for our guild yearly challenge.  All to be shown at the December QG luncheon.










No comments:

Post a Comment