Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Place Mats

For February I spent some time making up some Christmas place mats.  I've had the fabric since last Dec. but never got to them.  Imagine that!  I was not as faithful this time showing you the progress in pictures, sorry about that.  The design I adapted from a table runner shown in Easy Quilts Magazine Spring 2013 on page 91.

I learned that the contrast in my small squares did not show up well enough.  With the pattern as busy as it was, I feel it would have been more effective (and easier) to just cut the 3.5" squares and put them together.  I'm letting you know this so you too can learn from my mistakes.

On the back side I used a border fabric that is a spring/summer design.  That way we can use the place mats for longer than one month. 

Pieces are sewn together.

Layered up with batting and backing.

This is the backing fabric.

Quilted

All four done, two with Christmas facing up two with spring facing up.

Close up of spring(back).

Close up of Christmas (front)  two have snowmen and two have Santa's.

Sew see you later.

Bette

No comments:

Post a Comment