Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting Ready for Quilt Show

The last several weeks I've been really busy sewing, quilting and embellishing a couple of quilts for the Lake Quilters Guild Quilt Show this weekend.  "QUILTING... The Thread of Life" will be held on April 13 & 14 at Trinity Ecumenical Parish, Rt 122, Moneta, VA.  Friday, 9:30-4:30 Saturday, 9:30-4:00. Admission: $5 Donation.  If you are in the area, come by and see all of the quilts. (over 100).

 I did this last year as a block of the month.  It is MaKenna Ryan's Beach Walk pattern.  Last year I had finished all of the blocks but then it was full on holidays...  There they sat.
Only when I realized about a month ago how little time was left before our quilt show that I got busy.  I actually finished it a week before I had to turn it in!  NOTHING LIKE DEADLINES to get us moving.
This is the other one that wasn't finished. It was a round robin quilt our bee did.  We each ended up with a quilt.











I also sewed the pieces together for our Bee project.... 1600 inch quilt.  Next week we get together and put the borders on it.  We each brought 42- 2 1/2" strips, put them in a bag then we passed the bags around until we all had 42 strips again.


 Here is my 1600 quilt so far.











Sew See you later!
Bette

No comments:

Post a Comment