Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ice Dyed Silk

Awhile ago I spent a few days ice dying.  A friend of mine had asked me to do some dying for her so that she could hang them in her house.  After a review of what she wanted, I went to play.

We decided to do a couple of ice dyed pieces of silk.

So I tried to do a little Shibori along with the ice dyeing.  After doing a trial and found that it worked I dyed the silk.  The size of each is about 52 inches X 66 inches.

Below are the two pieces I did for her.  After the frames are made (by her husband), we'll get together and mount the fabric on the frames.  Then I'll take another picture of the finished art work.


 


These were dyed on silk charmeuse.  The above pictures were taken on the dull side, as the shiny side doesn't show the patterns as well.  For instructions on ice dying go to my blog dated November 15, 2011.  It's really fun and not much of a prediction as to how it is going to turn out.

Right now I'm working on 2 quilts.  Karen Dumont's Braid Parade as shown in my Oct 2 blog.  It has finally been quilted (by a pro... Cindy Clark), and I've got it back.  So now I need to trim it, put the prairie points on and the binding.  I am also working on a baby quilt.  Which reminds me I need some pictures of it so I can show you the progress.

Sew see you later!

Bette





No comments:

Post a Comment