Saturday, September 17, 2011

A little of this & that

This past week, I had another block of the month for the McKenna Ryan "Beach Walk" quilt.  It was the jelly fish.  Only one more block to go.  Last month was the beach house and Hollyhocks. 


The pattern calls for using Angelina for some of the jellyfish tentacles.  I tried one that way but they seemed to disappear into the background.  So the sparkle silver and pearlized lavender and cream worked out much better.  However, I did use some of the Angelina as highlights on the jellies.  The pattern called for only 4 jellies and I felt it needed one more.  I wanted that one to be fairly transparent, so I used fabric for the body and Angelina for all of the tentacles.




In addition to that I worked on quilting my round robin quilt.  I've got one block done and am starting on a second block.




I also stared to play with my challenge quilt.  But I can't show that in case any of the guild members look at this blog.  It will have it's showing in December.  Then you'll get a chance to see it.

All for now!
Bette

No comments:

Post a Comment