Saturday, September 10, 2011

More Tee

Yesterday I worked on my Tee again.  I put in the side inserts, the sleeves and the neck binding.


I shortened the tee but still need to hem it.  It still needs some more work on the pattern, but the sewing part is almost done.


Last weekend, I started to work on my Round Robin quilt that the River Queen Bee's did.  As I looked at it I decided the lower right hand corner needed something more.


Since this is a quilt  depicting summer at Smith Mountain Lake I felt a striper fish would work well.  I went to Google illustration and put in fish.  When I had the profile I liked, I then put in striper.  Below is the drawing I used to make my fish out of fabric.  The pieces are fused together, and then fused to the quilt.



 Then I started to machine quilt it.  I guess it just wasn't my day to quilt.  The thread kept breaking.  I changed the needle and the thread several times.  No luck.  So I finally decided to hand quilt it.  The only thing I didn't try was adjusting the tension.  I'll try that next time.  but now I'm committed to hand quilting it.  It is not one of my favorite things to do, and you can see below I have a non traditional quilting "hoop".  the only good part about it, is that I can do it at night while the TV is on.



That's it for now.

Bette

No comments:

Post a Comment