Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jacket Progress

The last couple of days I've taken a few hours to work on my jacket.  I fused the iron on fleece (batting) to the silk lining.  When I looked at it compared to the jacket, I found that it was boring.  S a day or so later out come my paints and I found a stencil I liked.  I wanted something quick and relatively easy to clean up.  I tried several colors on a piece of scrap fabric.  I liked bright gold the best.  It is a Jacquard Lumiere paint.

The lining back with the stencil I used.
I tried the pouncing and found that didn't work so I swirled the brush
Left front lining painted.

Back painted.  The center bird says One of a Kind and under it I'll put my name and date on it.





 After painting the lining, I stitched the sleeves onto the outside body of the jacket.  The side seams are just pinned to see what it looks like.  This is the front, the pocket pieces are just pinned on.  The pockets will go in next while the jacket is still flat.
This is the back of the jacket.

















I'm not sure any more will get done until after Thanksgiving.  I really would like to have it done before Christmas.  At this rate I think I'll make it.

If we get snow this winter I'll be doing some more "ice" dying.  I've got two successful pieces.  It is so easy peasy and fun!  It's like opening up a present because you don't know what you'll get.  A wonderful surprise.

Sew see you later!

Bette










No comments:

Post a Comment