Monday, November 28, 2011

Progress on my coat

Today I spent the afternoon working on my coat.  I feel like I made great strides with it even though a few things went wrong, which meant ripping out seams.

 This is the inside of the front, the bright green and stripe are the side of the pocket that won't be seen.
This is the outside of one of the pockets.  The first one I did I had to take the stitching out and redo it.
 The lining is all sewn together ready to go into the jacket.  Remember the pattern is for a reversible jacket.  I am making it the same but the inside is going to remain the inside.

Here you can see the fusible fleece I attached to the china silk lining.

 Shoulder pads are in place.
 The collar is attached.  The next step is making the buttonholes and finish it with binding all around the edges.  I'll need to line up the lining with the outside before these two steps.
Here is the back with the collar on.  It is finally getting to the end.  It has to, because I have Christmas presents I need to work on.  I'm afraid if I put this aside it will take me forever to complete it.  So the looming presents is good incentive for me to finish it soon!










Sew see you later... Bette 

No comments:

Post a Comment