Saturday, September 15, 2012

The end of August

Hi All,

Well, the last week and a half of August our grandson spent with us without parents.  He is 7 years old and did very well.  We had so much fun with him.  Each year we decorate a tee shirt during his visit.  This year we did marbling using shaving cream.  That was fun!  Even just playing in the shaving cream was fun for him. (Me too)  We were having such a good time I forgot to take a lot of pictures.  I do have some.

Please forgive the pictures being out of order.  I have spent hours trying to get them in the order I want with no luck.

Here our grandson is filling in the cookie sheet with shaving cream.

After we were done, the fabric he painted he wanted to turn into a pillow.
Here he is stuffing it.

This is the front side of the pillow.  He was soooo proud of this print.
I was proud of him too.

This is his first tee, and first print.

Next one he mushed the colors together.  Here he is lifting up the shirt.

This was his second print.

We used undiluted fabric paint.  This is what it looked like after we put it on the shaving cream.

This is the one I did, and how it looks after marbling it.  The tee shirt came out looking like this
just in reverse.

This is my fabric print after what was left on the shaving cream after  our grandson's
fabric print.  Remember the pillow above?

We had lots of fun doing this project together.  So much fun that in Sept I did some more prints.  See the next post.

Sew see you later.

Bette




















No comments:

Post a Comment