Sunday, August 12, 2012

August still sewing

Well,  I took a break from sewing on the quilt.  I felt I needed something I could actually finish in a reasonable amount of time.

My very good friend,  who is temporarily living in England right now,  found this fabric with my name on it... spelled the way I spell it!  Imagine that!

So I got it out and a pattern that I thought would work and away I went.  As of now it is finished except some hand work on it.


I narrowed the width of the sleeve

These are a fabulous idea, again given to me by my friend in England
they are pattern weights and work terrific!

Even though this is a knit I reinforced the shoulder neck corner and added clear elastic to the shoulders
and the under arm seam in the sleeves to prevent them from growing.

Serging the main seams.

Done except the hems.  Looking at the front.

Looking at the back.


Sew See You Later!
Bette

No comments:

Post a Comment