Friday, August 3, 2012

AUGUST????? YES!


THIS SUMMER SURE IS SLIPPING BY WAY TOO FAST!

I've finally gotten back to sewing.  At the end of May I took a class in the Japanese Fan quilt (pattern and method by Judy Neidemeyer).  This week I finally got back to it.  In the picture above the three blocks on the top  are what I did in class.  I started 5 fan blocks in class so they could teach me how to "strip piece" them.  They aren't really strip pieced but you do the same step for a bunch of blocks,  then go to the next step so it does save some time.

Paper piecing 

After stitching, iron the new piece out

Placing a piece of card stock on the next line to be stitched 

Fold the pattern back

Put my add-a-quarter ruler on it and trim the excess seam allowance off.  Just a note this add-a-quarter ruler is invaluable!  I  LOVE   it!!!


Add the next piece in the block and it begins all over again.


I now have 20 fan parts of the block completed, need 10 more.  The upper "solid" part is not sewn yet  I want to wait until all 30 fans are done and then if I want to make any changes I can do that before they are put together.


More later, hopefully not too much later.

Bette



No comments:

Post a Comment